Friday, August 14, 2009

CT Scan

So, I said I was going to see the doctor the other day. Again, the time goes by so fast that I didn't get a chance to post until now. We, Carrie, Ezra, and I, just finished having dinner with the Ikedas and it was a nice time. It's always nice hanging with the Ikedas because it's like hanging with family. We don't have to do anything special even though our time together is always special to me. So, Shayne was asking how I am doing and I told him I'm doing good right now, but yesterday I wasn't do so well. It was more in response to my neighbors moving. I'm going to miss the Colman's. They're moving soon out of our lovely duplex and going to Exeter. I really hope they enjoy their new home, but it's going to be sad seeing them leave.
Anyway, what was such a downer yesterday? Money. I know that there is more to life than money ... actually there are a lot of things in life that is more than money, but somehow the whole money thing seems to come back over and over again. I know my hope lies in Jesus and not what I can do and what I have, but for some reason my lack of finances seemed to get me down a lot yesterday. To top it all off, Henry told us that there was a little growth in my lung even after 8 treatments of the new chemo drug, Navelbine. I had a feeling that there wasn't any reduction in my lung, but I had my fingers crossed and was expectant that God was doing something. Well, as Shayne encouraged me today, I have to keep going strong until I can't go anymore.
The good thing about my wife is that when I'm not doing so well, she's there for me and vice versa. Isn't God good like that? She was an encouragement yesterday as she suggested to pray together before we went to sleep. It was good. I was honest before God and said that I am not feeling good and just threw things out there and asked for His grace and more understanding of His grace. I have to say that I am feeling a lot better today than yesterday. I worked a full day with the math ladies at the Murdock residence and accomplished a lot of work, came home and went to the park with my family, and hung out with some friends in the evening. Overall, a good day.
Carrie and I are going down to MGH on Monday to see Dr. John Clark about what to do next. I pray that God gives him insight and wisdom into the whole situation. It's interesting that it's after the weekend because we are focusing on the Holy Spirit this month in our Sunday meetings. We as a church are expectant that God is preparing and doing something big in Portsmouth, NH and it's going to involve the Holy Spirit. We'll see what happens. I'm expectant and kind of getting excited.
God, come and do Your thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment