Thursday, February 11, 2010

Anna-Maria

So, Sunday was good even though I didn't get to go to Dr. Tony's church or any church, but that's okay. I had my private times with God in my sessions. I felt bad for Carrie because I don't remember if the weather had gotten better yet, but she's pretty much been a trooper taking care of Ezra and entertaining him. She's been going around everywhere with him ... mommy's little buddy, who has been named, "little Sam." Ezra has won the hearts of all the people here at the clinic. Just today, one of the ladies said to me, "we all just got our high fives from little Sam."
So, as much as Carrie has been a trooper I have been worrying about her because she doesn't speak Spanish very well. She's been able to get around and find things, but none-the-less I worry (just in case you didn't know). Anyway, she's definitely finding her feet and we have found a way to communicate with each other while we are separated ... we'll email each other - she has the computer and I have my iPod Touch. If you read this before we get back home and you pray, please pray that Carrie and Ezra continue to find things to do, the weather would be nice for them to be outside to do things, and to essentially have a great time. They have been making it work, but I don't know how Carrie does it. She has had her moments of frustration, but overall she has been a trooper ... funny thing is that Bob and the others at the clinic pointed that out to me. They were saying how resilient and solid Carrie is. I'm so thankful for her.
Anyway, I think we are up to Monday now. Anna-Maria is one of the older nurses here and she is a believer. One of the other nurses, Teresita, is a believer as well. Anyway, Anna-Maria was helping me with my Sono therapy (ultra-sound) and I was sharing with her how I had a tough few days over the weekend and how I was really tired and sad that I couldn't make it through all the treatments. She said to me, "don't worry if you can't finish the full time. do as much as you can because as much as you are here for treatment, you are here to rest and relax. It is better for you to do half the time and be relaxed then to do the full time and not be relaxed." That was another breakthrough. I was getting so stressed from thinking that I have to do things a certain way or to prove that I can do things, but God was saying, "no ... take your time and rest."
So, I did. The rest of the day, I didn't stress about how much I did, but I just got on with what I needed to do. Later that day I met with Dr. Tony and Carrie. That was an interesting session.

No comments:

Post a Comment