Sunday, February 14, 2010

Carrie

So, my wife, Carrie, says to me. I see you have posted a lot to your blog and you've written about a lot of other people, but what about me? I didn't have anything to say because she's right. Why not anything about her? The strange thing is that I'm always thankful for her and saying it to other people, but I forget to say it to her. I assume sometimes that she hears me when I say it to other people, but she doesn't.
Carrie has seriously been the best gift to me on this earth. I'm not just saying that because this post is about her. She takes care of almost everything in our house. I still catch the mice and the shrews in the basement, but she pretty much does everything else and for the most part never says anything about it. Now, does she personally enjoy doing that stuff just for herself? Maybe, but I also know that she does it to make sure that I am comfortable and relatively stress free. She is always thinking and serving others. I unfortunately hold her back. If I wasn't on the scene, I could see her doing a lot more to serve the church and the community around us. She, as Bob, the chiropractor, said is "resilient and a tough cookie. You got a good one there." He's right. I got a good one.
She's tended to Ezra and even though she's pregnant, feeling tired, with a headache or cramps, she presses on in the day-to-day stuff and she does it well. I wish I had the fight for life she did. I bet if I did, I would be doing a lot better right now, but I'm not going to focus on that. We are all different and I'm so glad she is different from me. She pushes me / encourages me to press on when I don't feel like it. She argues with me and sticks to her guns especially when I am not thinking clearly. It is going to be interesting in the next few months as I try to work things out spiritually and physically. I want to be better for her and Ezra, but it's going to be an adjustment for the two of us. Either way, I am so thankful for her. She is my rock on top of The Rock.

No comments:

Post a Comment