Friday, February 12, 2010

Relax. Don't stress out about it

So, the big themes have been think positive, I can beat this, nutrition, therapies, and relax. I know that the culture here is more relaxed and easy going, but it definitely is necessary in life to relax and to let things go. I was talking to Sergio, one of the tech's at the clinic and he was telling me about his times he would have to drive up to California to go to work. Sometimes 3 hours in the car. Not cool. That's just to cross the border to go to work and then the same thing on the way back home. Could you imagine spending most or all of your life in your car? I would go crazy. So, one of the things that Sergio learned over the years is to relax and be patient. If things don't go according to plan, don't stress about it. There's nothing you can do about it and even if you can, the less you stress about it, the better.
So, after talking to him, I feel a sense of motivation to follow through with this, right? I was doing well until I came to the hotel with Carrie and Ezra to take a nap. All morning I was banging out my treatments because I was getting into a routine since my schedule is pretty much the same each day. It's Friday, no random unexpected meetings with doctors or other people and so what do I do? Come home for a nap with Carrie and Ezra. The problem is that I found out that the maintenance workers of the hotel like to do their major work at that time. Not cool. They are banging and clanging their tools and stuff and I am stressing out. All I wanted was to go to sleep and if you know me, I love my sleep. So, there I am trying to sleep but I can't. Carrie asks to switch places with me because she has to go to the bathroom so I am now patting Ezra's back to help him settle from all the noise. Things are not going to plan. Big time. The other thing that happens is that Ezra had an accident in his sleep. He's been potty trained for a while now, but just this week he's had two major accidents. Once while he was at the grocery store with Carrie (pee'd on mommy) :( and once during his nap. So, not good. On top of this, I'm running late getting back to the clinic for my last few treatments. We stop by the office and get everything settled for the sheets and the mat, but I felt like I was going to explode. Everything worked out alright in the end, but for some reason at the immediate moment, I felt like I was going to lose it. Why? Why can't I just let things go? I don't know, but I know for sure one thing is that I don't like extra work. I calculate how much I need to do and if I have to do extra, then I stress out because I don't know if I will have enough energy or time to get everything done ... that reminds me of something Dr. Tony talked about my parotid gland and connecting it to the squirrel and harvesting. I will try to explain more about the harvesting bit in another blog, but I am starting to make some connections with my conversations with Dr. Tony.
Anyway, bottom line: I'm not changed yet. I am not a smooth sailing, easy going, cool cat yet, but I am working towards it.

No comments:

Post a Comment