Thursday, February 11, 2010

Thursday

So, I talked to Dr. Tony today and hopefully we (Carrie, Ezra and I) will be going to Puerto Nuevo on Saturday to get some famous Puerto Nuevo lobsters, rice, beans, and all the tortillas you could eat. Hopefully we will learn how to barter with the folks and get some cool souvenirs. Fingers crossed. :)
Anyway, met with Dr. Tony to talk about my letter to my dad. He asked me to write a letter to my dad to release some hurt or past trauma. It was not what I expected ... I was hoping for more, but the good is that Dr. Tony felt that we accomplished something today and that we will see some results. We cut off some generational stuff (3 generations from the bible) and he says that my mom will be blessed through this as well.
The really cool thing is that at the end of the session I asked to pray with Dr. Tony ... I meant to pray with him at the beginning, but I forgot. It was pretty cool. I felt the presence of the holy spirit as we were praying and I felt that God was doing something. Dr. Tony shared how he didn't want to push the prayer / Christian stuff on us as we met and was so happy that I asked. It was very cool. Prayed blessings on each other and it was really encouraging.
The whole session I was pretty much sharing how God was speaking and encouraging me to be an inside-out Christian and to really work on my relationship with Him. Lord, thank you for all your grace and mercy. What would we do without you?

No comments:

Post a Comment